Thursday, July 28, 2011

Swim Lessons

Mia had her first week of swimming lessons last week and did great!  I was going to hold off until next year, but she had been getting very anxious in the water, especially going into the deep end and putting her head under water.  My neighbor friends told me about a woman who does private lessons out of her home and uses college students as teachers.  I thought we better go for it to get her more acclimated in the water and I am so glad we did!

She was so scared the first day, crying on the side of the pool and not wanting to get in.  By day 2, she must have asked me 100x that morning if it was time for swim lessons yet.  She jumped right in and has gotten so brave - swimming by herself with the noodle, fully dunking her head under water and jumping off the side onto the noodle - in the deep end!!  I am so proud of her for coming such a long way in a such a short period of time!  Week 2 starts next week, followed by our trip to San Antonio after that.  Hopefully getting to spend a lot of time in the pool over the next few weeks will really help!




No comments:

Post a Comment