Friday, April 8, 2011

Dentist Visit & Thumb War

Mia had her 3 year dental check-up and she did great.  Got a little freaked out by the polisher, but warmed right up once she knew there was a sucker and balloon waiting for her when she was finished!  Gotta love a great bribe in a situation like this!  

Everything looked good, but we did talk about the thumb-sucking, as she is pushing one of her front teeth out.  She only sucks it at night, which is proving to be more difficult to curb the habit since I can't correct her in the act!  I would have no problem chucking the pacifier in the garbage if that was the issue, but how do I handle the thumb, especially while she's sleeping???  ADVICE PLEASE!  

I did start talking to her about it before bed and telling her to try to not suck it, that big girls don't suck their thumb, princesses don't suck their thumb, etc.  The dentist did say it wasn't a huge deal because they are still her baby teeth and she isn't sucking it often enough to cause any real damage - yet.  

I was a thumb-sucker, so I guess I can't judge.  My mom's solution was convincing me that if I stopped sucking my thumb, I could get my ears pierced.  It worked, but I was also 5!  I don't think I'm ready to go there quite yet, even though it would probably work!!

The bribery is working...


Big boy even got a toothbrush, which doubled well as a teether


Yay for bribes!!

No comments:

Post a Comment