Friday, March 18, 2011

Life Love Larson Blog

So my very talented sister, Andrea, started a blog back in December highlighting some of her easy, quick and cheap DIY projects that she enjoys doing.  A lot of the supplies for her "made from scratch" pieces come from craft stores like Michael's and Hobby Lobby.  She uses these supplies in ways that you may have never imagined!  Andrea is also a thrifty little thing, getting some of her pieces at places like Goodwill and the Habitat for Humanity ReStore.  She adds her special touch to them and breathes new life into the old.  

Her hope is that she'll inspire her readers to try some of these projects on their own and make a one-of-a-kind "conversation" piece, that is both creative and beautiful, without breaking the bank.  

When she was here visiting last month, she made me 2 wreaths and a yarn letter. See pictures below.  She also inspired me recently to try my hand at making a moss wreath on my own!  I did it and was surprised and how quick and easy it was.  Looks great on my front door and was a lot cheaper than purchasing a Pottery Barn one!  

Who doesn't love homemade items in their home?  So much more fun and interesting than buying them off of the store shelf.  And if I can do it, you can do it! Check out her blog and get inspired at http://lifelovelarson.blogspot.com.


YARN WREATH
So cute on a front door or even in a child's room.  It is so striking from the street - so many of my neighbors have noticed it and commented on it!  





COFFEE FILTER WREATH
Yes, this is just brown coffee filters!!  So cute on my pantry door.



 MOSS WREATH
I made this piece myself in about 20 minutes.  It is so fresh and springy.  
Tie it with a cute ribbon and ta-da!  





YARN LETTER
Inspired by my pillows.  We came up with this fun color scheme.
So cute and personal!





1 comment:

  1. LOVE these, Sarah!!! How did you make the rosettes(sp?)? I am going to have to try to make one. You have inspired me.:)

    ReplyDelete